9.08.2011

My Personal Challenge and some good news!

Hey ladies!

I decided today to challenge myself to stop buying more products. My bathroom is starting to feel like a beauty supply store lol. I've found some products that I really like and some not so much. But the bottom line is that I have everything that I need to restore the health of my hair at this point. The one downside that I have dealt with in this process is the fact that I feel compelled to buy, buy, buy. Going natural does not necessarily mean that you buy tons of products, I think I fell victim to this because I'm a compulsive shopper lol. But you do have to experiment with different products to see what works in your hair and what doesn't. So I guess I cant place the blame totally on myself.

I'm interested to see exactly how long I can adhere to my challenge. Today I avoided my first temptation and it actually felt good lol. Ill keep you updated on this month to month!

On the other hand, the good news that I mentioned in the title of this post is that my mom decided to go natural with me as well. How exciting right?! She's experienced ALOT of damage to her hair from perms and constant dying (she absolutely hates to see a strand of gray hair so you can imagine how often she colors her hair). She has the most beautiful grade of hair. Even though she's had a perm for about 30 years and has wore her hair straight as long as I can remember, her hair isnt heat trained surprisingly. When wet, her hair has the prettiest natural curl to it (of course im jealous lol). But it should be interesting to see her progress. I'm still trying to convince her to let me put pics of her process up but she's not consenting to that yet. I'm not going to push the issue too much because I'm content with the fact that she's going natural with me lol. But I will post about her process and things she's found helpful for her hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment