9.25.2011

Detangling: WET or DRY?

Hey ladies!

Should you detangle your hair while wet or dry? Unfortunately this question is a lot more complicated then it seems. As we all know this journey takes us all in different directions because "no two heads are alike." This is something that you definitely have to experiment with throughout your hair journey. Finding the best method for your hair is crucial because you dont want to cause any unnecessary damage to your hair.

Throughout my transitioning period this is the one major thing that Ive noticed-- detangling my hair while dry has some damaging effects AT TIMES. The first two months of transitioning I found that detangling my hair while it was dry didn't damage my hair. But by the time I got to my third month and my roots became a lot thicker, detangling while dry wasnt the best option for me anymore. I say this to say that our hair is a ever-changing masterpiece and we need to make sure that we are adapting to its needs.

My natural roots are extremely thick so wetting my hair by adding my "concoction" of kinky curly knot today, ACV, water and jojoba oil gives my roots the added slip to make for easier detangling. On occasion, I detangle my hair while dry when I feel that my roots are not really tangled, but for the most part I go for the added slip.

Note: As I said before "no two heads are alike" so it's important to experiment with your hair to see what method works and which doesnt. 

Click here for my information about detangling on curlynikki.com

No comments:

Post a Comment