9.07.2011

Balancing the pH of Your Hair

Hey ladies!

I was doing my routine YouTube search about hair care and all that jazz and came across Kimmaytube's channel. I just want to say this lady is AHH-MAZING! She is EXTREMELY knowledgeable about Hair in general. Awhile ago, a friend and I had a conversation about the pH of our hair. Honestly, this convo seemed pretty odd to me. It never occured to me that our hair has a pH level that needs to be maintained. Every now and then I've complained about feeling like my hair isnt maintaining moisture. And I knew perms/relaxers were awful for my hair but I wasnt sure what made them so bad. Kimmaytube definitely explained all of this to me! She broke down the structure of the hair and everything. I jumped on this going natural journey without any real knowledge about hair. Actually, I hated doing my hair. I'll be honest, I avoided washing my hair at all costs...if I had to wash and style it, I just wouldnt. I would literally wait till my next hair appointment to get it done. Then once I got to college and realized that mommy isnt going to pay for me to get my hair done anymore I started wearing weaves shortly after. But now, I LOVE doing my hair and I love learning about my hair. Originally my whole thing was to retain length I wanted my hair to be middle back length, then it switched to just not getting relaxers/perms anymore and now its just trying to get my hair healthy!

But ok enough with all my blabber! Seriously watch these videos they will definitely make you think twice about your regimens and the products/things that you use and do to your hair.

For some reason I cant post the videos here....but here is the link! DEFINITELY check them out! Also take a look around her channel she has over 100 videos about haircare and there super informative!

Copy and paste this link into your browser. Make sure that you watch all four of the videos about pH in order so that all of the info flows :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i3MC4d-HmY&feature=player_profilepage

No comments:

Post a Comment