10.15.2011

Quimica Alemana Nail Hardener

Hey ladies!


I have been using this stuff for a few years and I absolutely love it.  It's basically a Colombian nail fortifier so it helps with strengthening the nails. As your nails become stronger, it also helps your nails to grow! When I first started using this product I just took off my acrylic nails that I use to love so dearly (lol). After the very first application, I could tell the difference in the strength of my nails. It was almost like I never even wore acrylic nails. I was amazed at how fast and how well this product really worked. My nails also grew faster using this product then it did when I had on my acrylic nails.

Here are the product claims: 
 
The Hottest Nail Hardener in the beauty industry!
Quimica Alemana Nail Hardener is an excellent treatment that forms a protective barrier around your nails.
- prevents and repairs breaks
- helps strengthen thinning nails
- prevents excessive nail peeling
 
The cons: 

The only down side about this product is that it  can leave your nail beds feeling sore. Here is the best reason that I found based on my research. Warning--I found this information in a Customer review so I am not completely sure of its credibility but it seems like a pretty sound argument. Here it is:

"Quimica Alemana is a Colombian-made formaldehyde or formalin based nail hardener, while other products are reported to possess protein or nylon bases. The formaldehyde/formalin mixture means that the active chemical substances are really strong and efficient and consequently should be applied with extreme care and perseverance"

Here's the solution:

As mentioned above, this product should be used with extreme care. So, I would advise to first start out using a thin layer of the polish for the first 2 or 3 weeks. The polish is pretty thick, so you'll know a thin layer verse a thick layer once you apply it to your nails. You wanna make sure that your re-applying a fresh new, thin layer every week. DO NOT add more of this product on every week. Piling on layer on top of layer is a sure way to cause soreness with your nails. Honestly, after my first couple of times having to deal with sore nails, I learned this trick quickly. After the first 2 or 3 weeks you can apply thicker coats if you like. By this time your nail should have gotten use to the formula of the product. However, I just stick to the thin layers lol. I find that it works pretty good for me (and I can take the soreness lol).

Overall, a lot of people recommend this product! The only con I've heard or found online is the one I mentioned. I haven't heard any horror stories about the soreness, which is a good thing. Everyone is pretty much on the same page--they experienced soreness, revamped the way they used it and then raved about how strong and long their nails became after using this product for only a few weeks! Hey, I LOVE it, a little pain didn't deter me from it!! 

Are you willing to bare the slight soreness? Pain is beauty, right?! I'm just kidding! If you use the product like I advise you shouldn't have any problems. I wish someone give me these tips when I first started using it! So take heed!!!! LOL

Toodles

6 comments:

  1. I just bought this also and just removed my acrylic nails, well, soaked them off. So my nails are so bad! It has some soreness, but not too much. I'm going to review this product soon and include your link to your blog! You should totally check out my page as well! I'm trying a new hair growth treatment and you won't believe what I'm using!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This will definitely help to gain your nail strength...glad you are trying it out! And THANK YOU for sharing the link! :)

      Delete
  2. I just started using this product like 4 days ago and haven't felt ANY soreness except for the slight coldness during the application which I find weird. but do u know when you start seeing the difference because I hear story's of people raving about this two days after their FIRST application. It just feels like a regular base coat , and I already googled the correct barcode because this product seems to be faked a lot but my barcode matched and the shipping was fine so can u plz answer? Thnx :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I was googling reviews of this and your blog popped up! I just bought the nail hardener and top coat. The top coat hasn't arrived. I gave myself a basic manicure and then applied this and the only slight tingle was on the ring fingers. I had the same tingle on the same fingers and the ones where there was damage.when I used Nailtiques. I do hair and after shampooing 10 heads of hair, the hardner is STILL on! No chips or peeling and its still shiny!! I'm tempted to try their base-coat and polish remover. For now I'll just see how this works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my nails have been paper thin since I was a teen. I used this for the first time a week ago. I noticed the difference in 4 days. My nails were very hard. Not breaking as it usually does. And I haven't felt no soreness. Just a cold feeling. I can deal with that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply wish to say your article is as astonishing. The clarity in your post is simply great, and I could assume you are an expert on this subject. Same as your blog i found another one Sohman Epoxy .Actually I was looking for the same information on internet for
    Benzyl Alcohol
    and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. Thanks a million and please keep up the gratifying work.

    ReplyDelete