11.21.2011

Avanti Silicon Mix Hair Treatment

Hey Ladies!

At the very beginning of my journey I was a total product junkie! I went completely overboard to the point that I still have products that I haven't used to this day! Ridic right?! Tell me about it lol! Anywho, I've had these Silicon Hair Treatment product sitting on the rim of tub for months and never touched it. This product was recommended to me by a friend--her claims were that it helped make her hair silky straight when she flat ironed it.

Recently, I decided to give this product a try, mainly because I wanted to use it all up so I can throw it away. Quite frankly I'm tried of looking at it every time I take a shower. However, once I used it I was pleasantly surprised by this product. I feel like I say that about a lot of hair products but these are my honest opinions lol. I was really happy with the results that this product gave me. I wanted to flat iron my so I thought that it would be a good time to finally test this product out. I ended up not flat ironing my hair but this made my hair feel amazing anyway. Being that I am in my 5th month of transition the two different textures are a lot more noticeable and a lot harder to conceal. My new growth was getting to the point that it became dry and just hard to deal with in general. But this Silicon product softened up my new growth TREMENDOUSLY and made it A LOT more manageable.

I am curious to see how this product makes my hair look and feel once it's flat ironed but I just havent had the chance to do that yet. Being that Thanksgiving is on Thursday I plan on doing my hair Wednesday evening so I will give you guys an update once I'm done. But I have tried this product on blow dried hair and I guess I was happy with the results. The blow dry wasnt anything fancy, I was in a rush so I didnt use any special technique or anything. But again, I will be giving my lovely strands some extra TLC on Wednesday so I will let you guys know the results then.

One of the cons I will say about this product is that it has mineral oil. Mineral Oil is said to coat the which does lock in the moisture but it also prevents more moisture from penetrating the strand as well. Of course moisture is one of the keys to healthy hair so preventing more moisture to enter the strands in between washes isnt the best that can happen. I started using this as my co-wash and increased the number of times I wash my hair during the week to make the best of the situation. Other than sealing off moisture, mineral oil does not have any damaging effects that I know of. So whether you want to use a product that contains mineral oil is really up to your discretion. For me, although there is mineral oil in it and I make a conscious effort to try to stay away from it (at the time i bought it i was not very knowledgeable about hair health at all) it is something that I have so I decided to use it and incorporate it into my reggie because the results of this product has proven beneficial for me. I do hope to use all natural products on my hair one day but right now I'm in the rough patches of the transitioning stage so I tend to go for what works lol.

But overall I think the product does what it claims which is:  
To restore the health, shine and the softness of dry, damaged and weak hair.

Here are the ingredients: 
Water, Mineral Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerine, Citric Acid, Cetrimonium Chloride, Dimethycone Copolyol, Cyclomethicone, Keratin, Ceramide, Diazolidinyl Urea and Lodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance.

** Keratin is a fibrous protein that strengthens the hair shaft and leaves it less prone to breakage. Keratin smooths the hair cuticle and makes hair smoother, softer and shinier. This is why my friend claimed that she received fab results with this product when she flat ironed her hair!

Also this product is a Dominican product for those who are interested. I bought this at my local beauty supply store and I am sure a lot, if not most, beauty supply stores carry this product. If your local store doesn't carry it you can also buy it online. And this product is pretty inexpensive too. I can't remember exactly how much I paid for it but I dont believe I paid more than $10--but dont take my word on that lol I honestly cant remember!

Toodles for now dolls!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment