12.29.2011

MAC Matte Creme Review

Hey ladies! 

Hope you like the new look of the blog so far! Still have some things that I am working on however. Just thought I would share what I've done thus far!


Anywho onto the review! About two weeks ago I purchased the Matte product from a MAC Counter. Initially I went to MAC to try the studio fix powder (which I did purchase) and the lady working with me recommended that I try the Matte creme as a primer. My skin is oily in the t-zone area which means throughout the day I get a oily finish on my makeup. Now the shine is not bad at all so I'm told...I just prefer a matte finish for my makeup. To me it gives the illusion that you have a more flawless coverage when your foundation is matte. I never knew about this product so I was super excited to learn more about it! Here is the blurb from M.A.C 's website:

A matte-ifying cream that acts like a powder, M·A·C Matte adds a sheer, no-shine matte texture in one smooth layer. May be used on bare or made-up skin. Use a latex sponge or a 252 Large Shader Brush to apply over the entire face or in the T-zone to reduce the appearance of shine. Apply M·A·C Matte after moisturizer, but before foundation to prime the skin for makeup. Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation applies smoothly and effortlessly over top of M·A·C Matte.

How I use this product:
I apply my Sephora matte primer all over my face and then apply this product in my t-zone. I then continue on with my normal foundation routine--makeup forever matte foundation, studio fix powder, select sheer pressed powder, and once all my makeup is applied I top it off with mineralize skinfinish natural (respectively). 

This product is pretty good! It has reduced the amount of shine dramatically, although all of the shine is not gone! I'm coming to the realization that its nearly impossible to find a product that will keep my skin completely matte throughout the day. I'm finding that most products are designed to reduced oily skin not eliminate it. The lady explained to me that this product creates a thin film layer on the skin that prevents the oil from rising to the surface and penetrating your foundation. I think this product does a pretty good job at this and for $19 I think it's a pretty good investment. 

I am going to change up my foundation routine but eliminating the makeup forever liquid foundation. I'm interested to see how well this product works using only powders. A review for this method will be posted in a few weeks. 
Until next time,
Toodles

 

No comments:

Post a Comment