9.14.2011

First Trim Pics

Ok ladies! Here are the before and after pics of my first trim since I made the decision to go natural. My ends were pretty bad so my hairdresser had to cut off about 1 1/2 to 2 inches of hair (before the trim I was about armpit length). I was disappointed that so much of my hair was damaged from split ends but I know I did it to myself because I kept putting off trimming my hair. Today I realized that I shouldnt be afraid of trimming my hair because (1) it helps the hair to grow faster and (2) its the only way to get rid of the permed ends without doing a big chop. I knew both of these facts but I guess I wasn't ready to start the trims until now. So my advice to you if your putting off getting trims like I did...just do it! It will pay off in the long run. My ends looked disgusting (you'll be able to see it in my before pics) before the trim and now they look amazing!

Before the trim:









After the trim:





Now that those nasty ends are gone I'm excited to see how fast my hair starts going. My hairdresser suggested that I trim my hair every 8 weeks or so which I think is a good idea. I'm get my next trim around the first or second week in November. Also I'm going to keep up with my monthly length and new growth checks for you guys so that you can see my progress :)

No comments:

Post a Comment