9.05.2011

Failed Twist-N-Curl

Hey ladies!

Yesterday I posted about my apple cider vinegar rinse and told you guys that I would post of a picture of my hair. Well......it was a complete fail! It takes my hair FOREVER to dry because its so thick. I sat under the dryer for a little over an hour and even keep the twists and rollers in for another hr and a half after i got under from under dryer. Unfortunately, my hair didnt completely dry which meant it was a frizzled mess! I was able to tease it and style into something cute because I went out with family last night but I was not happy with the results of my hair to say the least.

Once I got back home, I decided to just do a dry bantu-knot out instead of trying to save my twist-n-curl. Originally, on the wet twist-n-curl I used my kinky curly products that i reviewed in a previous post. But for the dry bantu knot-out I decided to use the shea moisture curl enchancing smoothie. I did say in one of my previous post not to mix and match the kinky curly line with other products so I took a huge risk of having white flakes in my hair. Surprisingly, I dont have any white flakes; i think the key is if you want to mix the kinky curly line then its better if you use the other products at different times--meaning you can use the kinky curly products one day and the other product the other day, if you want to change up the style. Also, I did not add water to my hair when I did the bantu knot-out so that could have also eliminated the white flakes but of course I'm not completely sure if that had anything to do with it.

As a note, it isnt necessary to put more product on your hair when its styled, I only did it because I needed to change the style of my hair. I usually wear my styles for about 2 to 3 days with only putting coconut or jojoba oil, if needed.

Heres some pics of my twist-n-curl/bantu knot-out mix ::

No comments:

Post a Comment