9.25.2011

Carol's Daughter Review #2

Hey ladies!

Ok...as I promised I used my Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Collection kit today. Out of all honesty, I wasnt that impressed by it. I understood what my mom said about how it made her hair stiff. We experienced stiffness at two different times though--I experienced it during my washing process and my mom experienced it on the second day after her wash day. Now there probably are some underlying factors that effected my mom's hair (as I mentioned in a previous post) but I'm not sure what happened with my hair.


Monoi Shampoo: I liked how it felt in my hair as I was massaging my scalp. As I mentioned, the product isnt as soapy as other shampoos because of the absence of sulfates. I allowed the suds to naturally run down my hair shaft and then proceeded to finger comb my hair. At this point finger combing became a littel difficult. I ran into some tangles but I was able to get this under control. I rinsed my hair as normal and of course the added water gave my hair more slip which helped with the detangling more.

Monoi Conditioner: I would have liked this product to give my hair more slip then what it did. I was not that thrilled with this conditioner really...I guess I expected it to blow me away a little more. I would say that it did create a little slip but not like my other conditioner (la bomba) and it didn't leave my hair feeling moisturized.

**at this point in the process I wasnt really feeling it so I decided to mix my la bomba conditioner with my normal oils and use this as my deep conditioner instead of the monoi repairing hair mask.

Monoi Repairing Hair mask: I did use this product but not as my deep conditioner. Once I rinsed out the la bomba mixture I let the repairing hair mask sit in my hair for about 5 to 10 mins. I really cant say if this works in my hair or not but I did feel better after I rinsed it out. My hair felt more manageable. Problem is, Im not sure if these better results were from this product alone or the combination of the deep conditioner and this product. Hard to tell :(

Once I began styling my hair, I quickly noticed that my overall result was stiff hair and I had hair that was breaking off (im more than positive the breakage was where my natural and perm hair meet). I was tempted to re-wash my hair and re-do my process with my normal products but unfortunately time just isnt on my side. I wanted to do a pin curl on my hair but I was afraid that the results were going to be horrible because of the state my hair was in. So I was forced to do a bantu-knot out (hopefully this comes out ok). Im really not a happy camper right now. I'm pretty disappointed these products didnt really work well in my hair. The only problem that I could think of is that these products are probably designed for 100% natural girls and as we all know Im still transitioning. I did a little research on the Carols Daughter website and found a hair set specifically for transitioning hair. Maybe this would have produced better results in my hair. Who knows....I think for now I'm going to stick with my normal routine and revisit these products when I'm mostly natural.

If your interested in checking out the Carol's Daughter Transitioning Hair Set, click here.

Toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment