11.23.2011

Clean those Makeup Brushes!

Hey ladies!

How often do you clean your makeup brushes? Hopefully pretty often. If not, you should try incorporating this into your hair regimen on Sundays like me! Cleaning your brushes can make a world of difference especially for your face. There are multiple reasons to clean your brushes. To me, the most important reason to take the time to spoil those bristles is because I use them everyday! Makeup gets cake up into the bristles which eventually makes getting a smooth application a lot harder. Another reason to clean these brushes is that it helps to preserve the bristles which will help the brushes to last longer, depending on the quality of your brushes. Not to mention, bacteria cakes up on the brushes which causes your pores to become clogged. And we all know what clogged pores lead to--->break outs!! So you can see, taking the time to clean those brushes will only benefit you in the long run and cleaning them is extremely simple. It can take minutes depending on the number of brushes you have.

How to clean the brushes:


1) Run the brush under warm water for a few seconds

2) Take your brush cleaner whether it's actual brush cleaner, shampoo or facial soap. Place a small drop in the palm of your hand or on a washcloth.

3) Swirl the brush into the product. You can see the makeup products begin to color the suds of the soap.

4) Take the brush and run it back under the warm water until you see the water is no longer turning colors.

5) Take a towel to try to get the excess water off the brush and allow to dry!

And that's it! Five easy steps! I suggest that you clean your brushes during the evening or on a day that you won't need them so that they have enough time to dry.

I personally use the brush cleaner from Sephora which I paid $6 for the travel size bottle. I bought this size because it will literally last me months so it didn't make sense to buy the full size bottle for $14. Every so often Sephora sales these travel size bottles on their products at different times. So whenever they have this size of their brush cleaner I usually pick one up. Also I use Sephora's daily brush cleaner which I have in the regular size bottle for $14. I usually get this size because I use it more often. Now I don't use it everyday as instructed. I usually try to use it a couple of times a week just because I don't have all that time to spare. But if you do I strongly encourage you to!

Take the time to give your brushes so TLC! You'll thank me later!!


Toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment