11.05.2011

Biolage Delicate Care Set

Hey ladies!

I realized that I havent been posting anything about hair or hair products lately so I decided to do a little spill on some Biolage products that I use. I've used Biolage for years now when I was relaxed. When I started my journey I kind of rejected all the products that I loved while I was relaxed, I not really sure why though! I became a product junkie so I guess I felt like I had no use for the products that I was using at the time; not to mention the fact that I probably associated these products as working best for processed hair, which I recently found out is short of the truth. 

So, I randomly decided to see how my hair responds to my Biolage products while I'm transitioning with the two textures. I was presently surprised! I use the Delicate Care shampoo and conditioner which are sulfate free. These products left my hair feeling like butter--both my natural roots and my relaxed ends alike! They products worked just as well as it did when I was fully relaxed.
I would choose this set over Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Hair shampoo and conditioner any day! Both have sulfate-free formulas but the Biolage set seems to give my hair A LOT more slip than Carol's Daughter. Using products that give me A LOT of slip is EXTREMELY important for me because I pretty much only detangle my hair while it is wet. So I really only detangle my hair two times a week to cut down on the amount of manipulation during the week. The products that I mentioned on my regimen page as well as the Biolage products mentioned in this post leaves my hair feeling soft and manageable throughout the week which allows me to go days without detangling my hair. 

Here are the ingredients to the Biolage Delicate Care set: 
Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauryl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Glycereth-26, Decyl Glucoside, Fragrance, PPG-5-Ceteth-20, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium-7, Polyquaternium--10, PPG-55 Propylene Glycol Oleate, Propylene Glycol, Carbomer, C11-15 Pareth-7, Argania Spinosa Oil, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Limonene, Trideceth-12, Laureth-9, Euterpe Oleracea Pulp Powder, C12-12 Pareth-23, Hexyl Cinnamal, C-12-13-Pareth-3, Coumarin, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Enzyl Alcohol, Hydroxycitronellal, Amyl Cinnamal, Methylchloroisothazolinone, Methylsothiazolinone, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid 

Compared to Carol's Daughter who's ingredients are: 
Water (Aqua), Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, PEG-150 Distearate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Lauroyl Oat Amino Acids, Coconut Oil Glycereth-8 Esters, Shea Butter Glycereth-8 Esters, Polyglyceryl-3 Laurate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Phyllostachis Bambusoides Juice, Moringa Pterygosperma Seed Extract, Helianthus Annuus(Sunflower) Seed Extract, Hydrolyzed Hibiscus Esculentus Extract, Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide, Hydrolyzed Silk, Panthenol (Pro-vitamin B5), Glycerin, Glycol Distearate, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Quaternium-91, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Disodium EDTA, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum)

As you can see there's more "natural" products in Carol's Daughter compared to Biolage who's ingredients I can't pronounce lol. But right now, since the transitioning process is not easy at all, I try to focus more on how well the products work in my hair. Once my hair is fully natural I plan on moving onto more natural products. Until then, I'm going to continue to use products like Biolage while incorporating the oils that I use. So if ingredients are more important to you, Biolage is probably not your best option. But if your like me I say go for Biolage. 

Aside from the formula being sulfate-free it is also formulated for colored hair. I use to color my hair all the time and this formula helped to keep my hair moisturized and prevented any damage from coloring. It also helped to preserve my color as well.

Overall, I give Biolage Delicate Care set two thumbs up! How do you rate it?

Toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment