1.16.2012

Review: Clarisonic Mia!

Heyyy!
Clarisonic Mia


I believe I've mentioned the Clarisonic Mia in a previous post but I'm not sure whether I did or not. But here's the official review of the product:

I've been using the Clarisonic Mia for a little over a month and I can honestly say that it has been a lifesaver for me. When I started using this product a month ago I had about 7 pimples on my face. Within a week of using my Clarisonic Mia ALL of the pimples disappeared. I was surprised at how fast I got those results. But what really impressed me was the amount of makeup and residue it actually removes. I use the Clininque 3 step system with my Mia and for those of you who are not familiar with this system the second step is a exfoliante. What the exfoliante is designed to do is to remove the remaining residue that the face wash left behind. Using the Mia along with the Clinique face wash eliminates ALL of the makeup and excess residue! I barely even need the exfoliante (although I still use it lol). And it keeps the pimples away and my skin feeling refreshed and super smooth every time!

Here is the blurb from the Clarisonic website:

About Clarisonic Mia Sonic Skin Cleansing System

Our smallest Sonic Skin Cleansing System, the one-button, one-speed Mia comes in a variety of colors and fits your active lifestyle – offering beautiful skin at home or on-the-go.

Beautiful Skin Begins With Cleaner Skin

Traditional methods of cleansing don’t get your skin as clean as you’d think. Fortunately, the lead inventor of Sonicare discovered a breakthrough in how we cleanse. Using Sonic Technology, Clarisonic’s patented micro-massage motion works within skin’s natural elasticity to gently remove the impurities traditional methods leave behind- leaving skin softer, smoother and more beautiful.
  • Cleanses 6x better than with your hands alone in just 60 seconds
  • Works with skin, not against it, to gently massage away impurities trapped within pores
  • Prepares skin for better absorption of creams, serums and moisturizers
  • Gentle enough to use 2x a day
The vibrations of this product is extremely soothing to the skin. At first the vibrations feel a little funny around the nose area but its a feeling that you get use to very quickly....especially once you notice how much of a difference maker it is!

The head of the Mia is extremely easy to clean. Once you finish using it just rinse away the yuckiness with water and place the cap back on the bristles. And that's it. The head needs to be changed every 3 months but maintenance of the product is pretty simple other than that. The kit includes a charger that you will only need to use every few weeks. The batteries are great in these things! Like I said before I've been using this for a month and have had to re-charge the battery twice--once when I first got it and about a few days ago. Twice in one month is actually pushing it from my understanding...I dont believe I allowed enough charge time the first time I charged it which is why I had to charge it again so soon after. But I'm interested to see how long the charge will last this time.

Every month there's a certain time that I will always see a pimple here or there or some times everywhere--its inevitable, unfortunately! And I did find that the Mia irritated the pimples the first few days that I used it on them. Basically, it just a slight redness. It did not bother me nor did it make me stop using the Mia. Like I mentioned, when I first started using the Mia I had pimples but those pimples were from not properly removing my makeup and they were also preexisitng pimples. The pimples that I am referring to now were associated with my menstrual cycle and appeared after using the product. I'm assuming since these pimples were extremely new the Mia caused a slight irritation. Note: The pimples did not mean that that Mia was not doing it's job because it was....based on the way my body works I will always have a pimple on my face to indicate my menstrual cycle is soon to follow. BUT all this is just my general assumption. Anyway, like I said, it didnt bother me and that is because I have a darker skin tone. For those of you with lighter skin tones, however, this may be a problem for you. So if you are of a lighter skin tone than I am, I suggest that you avoid using the Mia directly on the pimple and focus on the surround areas. Instead of the Mia, use something like the exfoliating scrub by Clinique or even Cococunt Oil directly on the pimple.

I can't say enough about this product! I simply LOVE it! It's a universal product too so any and every one can use it--men and women and the young and the old! The only con is that its a bit costly. It retails for $120 at Sephora as well as online on the Clarisonic website. If you have acne-prone skin like me, than I highly recommend you make the investment. But if you have no issues with you skin without using this product, than it is not worth you spending the money.

Overall Rating: 10 out of 10 !!!!

Toodles


No comments:

Post a Comment