1.09.2012

Product Review: Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Hair Mask (Revisited)

Heyy!

Monoi Collection

So awhile back I posted a review about the Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Set. Overall, I was not very inpressed with the set and made the assumption that this product works best on fully natural hair. I tried the Repairing Mask (which is a deep conditioner) again to see if I would get better results since I have a lot more new growth then I did at the time of the original post. Did I get better results?

No.

I'm very disappointed with this collection overall. I've tried other Carol's Daughter products and have been extremely satisfied. Her Olive Oil Infusion Kit even made it to my 11 Favs of 2011. But for some reason I can not convince myself that I like this kit in the least. Well what's wrong with it? ....in my opinion a lot of things, mainly the fact that it leaves my hair feeling dry and unmanageable! Not to mention, detangling after using these products is a nightmare!

I get super annoyed every time I try this kit because (1) i think highly of her products and (2) i'm already having a tough time managing my two textures, I don't need anything to add onto to that aggravation. Like last time, I ended up co-washing my hair, this time with Tresemme Naturals Conditioer which is THE BOMB! I'm going to do a review of this product later on! I have nothing but great things to say about it though....if your wondering :).

I just cant catch a break with this collection. The first time I used it I used the entire kit together. But this time I just used the Repairing Mask hoping that I would receive at least semi-good results. And that was a fail! Unfortunately, I still have some more left of this collection. Maybe one day I'll bring myself to try this collection out once I'm 100% natural. Don't hold your breathe on that one though.

Have you tried this collection? What do you feel about it? 

Toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment