8.27.2011

Product Review: Two Kinky Curly Products

Hey ladies!

So this week on my co-wash day (which was thursday instead of wednesday) I decided to try something new. I've been hearing great things about the kinky curly line so I decided to try a couple of products. The two products that I tried was the Kinky Curly Knot Today Leave in/Detangler and the Kinky Curly Curling Mustard.

I must say I like these products! I washed my hair with my Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Conditioner with my added oils. I made sure that all of the conditioner was rinsed out of my hair and than i used the Knot Today. This product really helps to detangle the hair. I have issues with detangling since I have two textures of hair now (my permed ends and my natural roots). So this product is definitely what I will be using to detangle my hair. After I used the Knot Today I sectioned my hair into small sections (i did a flexi rod set) and applied the curling custard to each section. The curling custard is the consistency of a very lightweight gel so you do not need to use alot of it. With both of these products, a little bit goes a long way....trust me! 

I was very pleased with the results these two products gave me! I recommend both of these. The only con I have for this product line in general is that they do not really work well with other products. It is recommended by the company to use the entire product line instead of mixing and matching different products. Mixing and matching different products with these products will leave you with little white flakes in your hair. I personally did not have the entire product line and probably will only stick with these two products. For one reason, I am considering eliminating shampoos from my weekly reggies and shampooing once a month and the other reason is because i'm hooked on the conditioners that I currently use and dont see the need to get another one. But taking the step to make sure that all of the product that you used (such as my herbal essences LTR) is completely out shoud eliminate that issue as long as you do not put anymore products over it such a moisturizer.



No comments:

Post a Comment