8.07.2011

Introducing Transitioning Glamour

Hey Ladies!

Welcome to Transitioning Glamour! This blog will be based on my natural hair journey. I will admit that I am still skeptical about the natural hair process, which is why I decided to create this blog! I've been toying with the "going natural" idea for months now and I finally made the big decision on June 10, 2011 (the day of my last perm). I hope this blog will be encouragement to everyone that's still toying with the idea like I did. 

My decision to go natural has been a tough decision to make because I haven't had any problems with my permed hair recently. About a year ago I had issues with hair breakage but my remedy was Remi hair and rope twists lol. I would leave sew-ins in for about 3 to 4 months and then perm my hair. I would leave the sew-ins out for about 3 to 4 weeks (or whenever I got tired of dealing with my hair) before I would do another sew-in.

Before the sew-ins I would go through these phases where I got really bored with my hair color. I went through many different permanent colors; I even tried to go purple by dying my hair red first and then dying over it with a blue black color; but I backed out and just stayed with the red for awhile. You could imagine the hair damage that this started to cause! :-/

My inspiration to go natural came from a random and boring day. I was on the computer for most of the day youtubing different things. I came across some natural hair regimens and became addicted to cowashing, protective styles like braidouts and twistouts and natural hair products. From the things that I learned on YouTube I feel like I have the tools and knowledge for the natural process, it's just getting my mind ready for the long process that is the issue.

BUT.....I have made up my mind and you will get to see my results!

No comments:

Post a Comment