8.21.2011

Egg Protein Treatment


So I've been having some ridiculous hair shedding this past week. Originally, my plans were to do an Aphogee Protein Treatment like I normally do, but found out that I was completely out. I've been doing Aphogee treatments for years and I love them. You can tell that after you do the treatment your hair is alot stronger. Hair breaking/shedding is reduced pretty much instantly (at least in my experiences). The treatment is suppose to add protein back into the hair that is lost, especially for chemically processed hair. Relaxers/perms break the protein bonds down to release the kinks and curls in the hair. The Aphogee treatment is the remedy to making sure that your hair is pH balanced and has the right amount of protein. I have not used this product since I started my journey but my only con about this product was that it made my hair feel extra stiff. When I used it I had a relaxer/perm and I preferred that my hair was flowy and weightless rather than stiff and weighted down (which is how it would make my hair feel). But my hair dresser at the time told me the trick to applying and rinsing out this product. When putting on the aphogee just apply it....you do not have to comb the hair to distribute the product. Make sure you apply enough product so that it naturally runs down the hair. When you rinse out the product just let the water run down the hair, do not touch it. This works best when you are in the shower so you can tilt your head back and allow the water to run down. Basically, the less manipulation of the hair while this product is in your hair will give you the best results. Other than that follow the directions on the bottle to the T!!

Anywho, I said all that to say that instead of the Aphogee treatment I improvised and use an egg treatment. An egg treatment is pretty simple to make....get a conditioner ( i used my la bomba conditioner) and add one egg. Heres the thing with putting eggs in your hair (i knew this before i did this treatment but im quite hard-headed and did not take heed to the blogs and vlogs that I came across with this warning...so listen up! lol) I recommend that you take the yolk out of the egg. Some people leave the yolk in..,,when you leave the yolk in DO NOT get under the dry, go in the heat or put a shower cap on your head --->THIS WILL COOK THE EGG IN YOUR HAIR!! (not good at all lol). Picking little egg pieces out of your hair is not very fun lol...trust me! So the easiest thing to do to avoid this issue altogether is by removing the egg. Aside from finding that out tonight....the egg treatment worked pretty well!

Since this was my first time doing this type of treatment...I still prefer the Aphogee treatment. But the results were pretty much similar. I will have to do this treatment a few more times and perfect the recipe before I can make a full out review. But a comparable review of these two products will come very soon! Try both products and let me know what you think!

Toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment