12.02.2011

Water Marbling !!!

Hey ladies!

Looking for a super cute do it yourself nail design... that's SUPER easy? Well, water marbling might be the thing for you to try. Trust me when I say it's super easy! Here is what it looks like:

The process is easy....everyone will think you got your nails professionally done!

Items you need:
  • plastic cup
  • the nail polish colors of your choice....you can use as many or little as you like!
  • a stick (or I used a stretched out paper clip because it was what I had laying around lol) ...all you need is something straight that you dont mind messing up and throwing away
  • clear tape
Here are the steps:
Tape is also around the top of my finger. It extends across one side of my cuticle, around the top and then to the other side. And another piece of tape wraps around my finger at the base of my cuticle...basically cover all the skin around the nail lol!
  1. Use the tape to protect your skin around the nail....it should look like this^^^^^
  2. Fill the cup up with water (temperature of water doesnt matter)
  3. (Optional) Put one coat of your base color on the nail 
  4. Take your nail polish and allow one drop of the polish into the cup of water
  5. Repeat step three as many times as you like while alternating between colors
  6. Once you have the number of concentric circles that you like take your stick (or whatever) and create your design. It can be a swirl-like design or simple lines....use your creativity here, make it your own! 
  7. Once you have the design you want, dip your finger entirely in the water. 
  8. Use your stick to remove all the excess nail polish from around your finger. It's important to make sure that you remove all the nail polish so that it does not mess up the design on your nail.
  9. Allow it to sit for a few minutes and then apply your top coat 
And that's it!!! Simple enough right?!

I made a video to show you guys the exact details of the details....ENJOY!
Sorry I shot this on my iPhone and forget to shoot it widescreen

Here is a close-up of the final look:


Hope you guys enjoy!

Until later,
Toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment