10.31.2011

NYX Product Haul

NYX Fall 2011 Campaign 
Recently, I made my first purchase NYX purchase at my local beauty supply store! Exciting, right?!!  I've heard a lot hype about their products on YouTube and other blogs so I decided to finally make the big move. Many vloggers as well as bloggers have compared there round lipsticks to MAC Cosmetics so I couldnt resist the urge to try them out. I purchased two round lipsticks--vitamin and iris. And I absolutely adore these two colors!!

Here are the product claims from nyxcosmetics.com :
NYX Round Lipstick is our classic lipstick for all-year round. The mineral-based emollient formula offers a beautiful velvet texture, saturated color and it resists wear and smudging. It’s your go-to lipstick. From Pure Nude to Pink Lyric to Chic Red, Round Lipstick is available in a jaw-dropping 144 shades.

My thoughts: 
Up until the time I started this hair journey I RARELY veered from my normal routine--in anything that I did. As I have mentioned in several posts, I was a MAC fanatic. The only makeup that would ever touch my face was MAC. But once I started watching product reviews of different makeup lines I began to venture out from my normal routine and I am glad I did! First of all its no secret that MAC is pretty expensive and with me being a graduate student and taking care of my own...new MAC makeup isnt really fitting into my budget. So I really had no choice but to start finding other products. Since several people compared NYX to MAC I wanted to give it a try and I will say that everyday I apply my makeup I rarely go for my MAC lipsticks anymore.

NYX round lipsticks go on very smooth--its a simple treat for your lips. The formula is very opaque and effortless. I personally believe that it hydrates my lips. I tried to search on the website to see if this is just my mind playing tricks on me or if its actually formulated that way--it seems that my mind is playing tricks on me lol. But honestly I always have to apply chapstick or something to my lipsticks before I apply anything on them or they feel really dry and chapped. But they on the first day I tried one of the lipsticks, I needed to go purchase a new chapstick but I just decided to throw it on and run to the store really quick. I was surprised to realize that my lips felt hydrated so I decided to just leave it on without the chapstick to see how it does and I experienced no dryness at all.  So, initially that's what sold me on these lipsticks!

Overall, I love this stuff. I've been using it for a little over a week and they've become my go-to lipsticks. There super cheap which im LOVING--I bought them for $1.99 each. On the NYX website they retail for $4.00 each which still is not a bad price being that I consider these lipsticks to be a more high-end cheap lipstick. However, if you dont want to pay $4.00 for them, they retail for $1.99 on cherryculture.com as well.

If you havent already, give NYX a try! I'm really impressed with their products! They're definitely worth dishing out the $2 or $4. Not to mention, they have A LOT of fab colors!

Toodles


Source: nyxcosmetics.com

No comments:

Post a Comment