2.05.2012

Product Review: Real Techiques Brushes by Samantha Chapman

Heyyyy!!!

Just decided to pop in and do a few posts while enjoying the Super Bowl. Yes! I am a sports fan! Watching football and basketball makes my heart smile! As for who I'm rooting for?! Neither, but I do want to see Victor Cruz salsa all night! lol But onto the review!

So for those of you that have been under a rock, Samantha Chapman is one of the makeup artists based out of the UK that make up the fabulous "Pixiwoo." You can find Samantha and her sister on Youtube under pixiwoo, pixiwoomadness, iavonUK, and realtechniques. These women are simply brilliant! They've built a wonderful empire for themselves, a great inspiration for many woman including myself! I highly suggest you check them out on YouTube! Here they are:
Source : Samantha Chapman (back) and Nicola (front)


Here are the brushes that I purchased from my local Ulta:

Source


  
Source
Source
Source
Pictured from top to bottom: Blush brush, Powder brush, stippling brush, eye brush set 

I LOVE these brushes! They're affordable and work like a dream! Here's a blurb from Real Techniques website:

About The Line
Designed with pro makeup artist Samantha Chapman, Real Techniques brushes combine high-tech materials with innovative design to make creating a pixel-perfect look easier than ever:
  • Taklon bristles are ultra plush and smoother than the hair you'll find in other brushes. Since taklon is synthetic, it's 100% cruelty-free. The soft fibers help create a flawless, high-definition finish in any type of light – from sunlight to harsh indoor lighting.
  • The color-coded system corresponds to the key steps of makeup application so you can create a flawless base, enhanced eyes, and the perfect finish like a pro.
  • Each brush head is hand-cut to the perfect shape, allowing for precise application from dense coverage to a soft, delicate finish.
  • The collection is suitable for a wide range of products and every makeup need – from powders, creams, and liquids to mineral makeup, highlighter, and shimmer.
  • Brush names on the handles make for easy reference when creating your favorite look.
Everything the blurb above hightlights is all true!! In fact, on most days I go for these brushes over the MAC brushes that I have. I get a flawless look with little ease and that's what I love the most about these brushes. The only con I have is that there extremely hard to get your hands on. Over here in the states, you can purchase these brushes only at Ulta; although I'm sure you can try Ebay and Amazon as well. But I literally went to Ulta twice looking for these brushes and walked away empty handed. On my third try, I still didnt walk away with everything that I planned to purchase but at least that time I walked away with something!

Another thing that made me fall in love with this line is that the brushes do not shed. Some synethetic brushes shed their fibers which is completely annoying while you're doing makeup. Also, some synthetic fibers can feel cheap and stiff against the skin, making you have to work 10 times hard to accomplish a clean and blended look. Not with these brushes though, amazingly they feel like real hair and make blending a sweet breeze!

I highly recommend these brushes! 

Have you purchased any of these brushes? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment