5.30.2012

Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer

Hey ladies!

Source


Recently, I've halfway ditched my normal liquid foundation, Makeup Forever Mat Velvet. I still swear by this foundation, but I've been noticing lately that the trend is a "no makeup makeup look." Flawless skin, natural eyeshadows, bold but clean brow, flush of color on the cheeks and either a bold pop of lip color or a natural lip (however you feel that day). Soooo...I went on a search to find a foundation-like product that would still give me coverage but be lightweight at the same time.

I've been hearing buzz about tinted moisturizers and BB Creams so I decided to try a tinted moisturizer out. Now, I did go for the more expensive product BUT I'm sure there are more products out there that are more economical.

 I absolutely love the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, it glides on the skin like a moisturizer but gives you just the right touch of coverage at the same time. It is comparable to a sheer coverage foundation but I would not recommend this to you ladies that have areas that need a little more love and coverage unless you are using a concealer along with it. But it is great for a day that you don't necessarily what to pack on the foundation. It's very wearable and settles beautifully.

Product benefits:
  • Offers protection from the sun with SPF 20
  • Hydrates the skin while protecting it from dryness
  • Oil-Free formula that softens skin offering a healthy glow, while preventing excess oil from setting on the surface of the skin....which is a plus for us girlies who have acne prone skin
  • Can be paired with foundation to add moisture and spf 20. Also helps to build the foundation for a more even and flawless coverage

I've been using this product for a little over a week. I usually try to use the product for at least two weeks before I do a review or rave about it. But this could not wait. I have not reached for my full coverage foundation yet! I have dark spots on my face where pre-existing pimples were...this product does a good job evening out my skin and hiding my imperfections. This product really makes my skin look and feel great.

As I mentioned, this product is on the more price-er side, which is the only con that I have of it so far. I believe it was between $40 and $42 at Sephora. There is a good amount of product that comes in the tube, however, and a little does go a long way. So, to me, its worth the investment. 

Until next time,
Toodles !! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment